Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thunder and Lightning poem

I hear the rumble ringing through the night.
I see the streak of flashing light.
It makes the clouds glow all around
As again I hear that rumbling sound
The rain falls harsh and splashes high
As once more the lightning lights up the sky.
There are those who fear this cosmic charge
The sound so loud and the lightning so large
But I watch it as a little child with wondrous eye
As I would watch fireworks of the fourth of July.
It puts on a marvelous and glorious show
As the lightning streaks jump to and fro.
The thunder comes from every side
The lightning makes no attempt to hide
Itself from my curious eye

In Casca's point of view: This poem about thunder and lightning reminds me of the bad omens I witnessed on a stormy night. The bad omens could mean only one thing for the other senators and I, that Julius wanted to rule alone. As I ran through the night, I stumbled upon Cicero, a fellow senator, and he was asked me why I was so breathless and staring at him. I told him what I came upon and we made a plan to resolve our problem: to kill Julius Caesar. We thought about who would be interested in helping us, and soon after Cassius and Cinna became part of our party.

URL: http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewPoetry.asp?id=163393

No comments:

Post a Comment