Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Bad Omens


In Calpurnia's point of view: I toss and turn all night, swimming in and out of sleep. Finally, I manage to nap for a few hours but it was not a satisfying slumber. This nightmare, my husband Julius was included, but only his statue. The statue symbolizes the great deeds my husband has accomplished for Rome and it reflects the appreciation of the people. The statue itself is not what I fear, it is the image of blood running down it like a fountain with the Romans bathing their hands in his blood. My nightmare frightens me and I immediately wake, warning Julius to keep away from the Senate that day. My cries are only words to him: empty and meaningless.

URL: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/13/Julius_Caesar_Coustou_Louvre.png/318px-Julius_Caesar_Coustou_Louvre.png

No comments:

Post a Comment