Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ghost of Caesar


Ghost of Caesar's point of view: Brutus looks troubled and worried tonight as he tries to fall asleep. I know he should be, he will get what what he has coming to him after what he has done to the Romans. I would have served Rome well, and hope that my will has proved that. Tonight I will visit Brutus to make him even more worrisome.

Brutus
How ill this taper burns! Ha, who comes here?
I think this is the weakness of mine eyes
That shapes monstrous apparition.
It comes upon me. Art thou any thing?
Art thou some god, some angel, or some devil,
That mak'st my blood cold and my hair stare?
Speak to me what thou art.

Ghost
Thy evil spirit, Brutus.

Brutus
Why com'st thou?

Ghost
To tell thee thou shalt see me at Phillippi.

Brutus
Well, then I shall see thee again?

Ghost
Ay, at Phillippi.

Brutus
Why, I will see thee at Phillippi then.

URL: http://shakespeare.emory.edu/illustrations/westall_caesar.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment